Fire Hydrant Procedure

Except for emergency use for extinguishing fire, and other emergency purposes, permission to withdraw water from a fire hydrant owned by Platte Canyon Water and Sanitation District requires a fire hydrant use permit issued by the District and the Denver Water Department.  Regulation, conditions for use of District fire hydrants can be found here.  Information on permit fees and water charges can be found here.

Permits can be requested by calling Tayler Newkirk at 303-979-2333 or by emailing Tayler at

Report Unauthorized Use of Fire Hydrants to Platte Canyon Water and Sanitation District

Two of the elements of any security plan are awareness and communications.  Authorized users of District fire hydrants are required to prominently display a red placard issued by the District.  Any suspected non-authorized use should be reported to 303-979-2333.


Get Adobe Reader