Platte Canyon Water & Sanitation District is currently hiring for an Assistant Manager.
To be considered for this position, you must send a cover letter and your resume via email to Cynthia Lane (email@example.com) by 5pm on Wednesday, May 19th.
Job Description & Duties:
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for conducting various financial, business, and administrative functions of the District. In the absence of the General Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for conducting the duties of the General Manager. In addition, the following job duties are assigned to this position:
- Develops and implements goals, objectives, and work standards for assigned departments and projects. Identifies problems, determines analytical approach, evaluates alternative courses of action, and makes recommendations regarding cost analysis, productivity, and procedure modifications.
- Responsible for oversight of all purchasing and contracting functions of the District.
- Oversees the preparation of background materials for the Board of Directors of the Platte Canyon and Southwest Metropolitan Water and Sanitation Districts. Attends and presents recommendations during board meetings.
- Responsible for conducting, or retaining and supervising technical experts to conduct, all automated information technology, business, and telecommunications functions of the District.
- Establish, maintain, and administer the District’s databases and GIS programs to include mapping systems, maintenance database programs, computerized asset management system, and other installed related programs.
- Manage the district’s administrative services to include oversight of the electronic recordkeeping systems, ensuring appropriate responses to customer inquiries, and reviewing any received complaints or problems regarding district services.
- Responds to and directs the execution of public records requests and legal proceedings with the guidance of legal counsel.
- Administers, monitors, and prepares status reports pertaining to all intergovernmental agreements that address the use and sharing of water and sewer facilities with other special districts and municipalities.
- Establishes and manages the districts emergency planning & response program and the health & safety program.
In addition to possessing knowledge of system hydraulics and operation of drinking water and wastewater infrastructure, you must have an ability to:
- Thorough knowledge of special district financial and administrative functions, operations, policies, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of governmental accounting, budgeting and purchasing standards, and regulations.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with the District’s Boards of Directors, employees, the public, and other public and private organizations. Thorough knowledge of network and personal computing and telecommunications hardware and software. Thorough knowledge of contract administration, including ability to negotiate contracts.
Required Education, Experience, and Credentials
Graduation from a four year college or university with a degree in an appropriate field of study is strongly preferred.
Four years experience in a commensurate position with a similar entity. Water/wastewater utility, local municipality, or non-profit experience strongly preferred.
Valid Colorado driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
From $93,035 to $144,204 based upon qualifications and experience.
The District holds high expectations when it comes to water distribution and wastewater collection services. Our staff is made up of fifteen dedicated administration and operations professionals that include:
- District Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Financial Administrator
- Construction Programs Manager
- Business Programs Specialist
- GIS/Website/IT Technician
- Communication & Administrative Services Coordinator
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Foreman
- Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection System Operators (6)
The District provides full medical/dental/vision benefits, a 10% match on the retirement plan, a Health Reimbursement Account, vacation/sick/personal leave, and 10 paid holidays per year.
Platte Canyon Water and Sanitation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.