Following the summer watering rules is the right thing to do in our dry climate. These rules help preserve reservoir levels, which reduces the risk of water restrictions in the future. The watering rules incorporate best practices for efficient outdoor water use that will help keep your landscape healthy.
- Water during cooler times of the day — lawn watering is NOT allowed between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Water no more than three days per week.
- Do not allow water to pool in gutters, streets and alleys.
- Do not waste water by letting it spray on concrete and asphalt.
- Repair leaking sprinkler systems within 10 days.
- Do not irrigate while it is raining or during high winds.
- Use a hose nozzle with a shut-off valve when washing your car.
Lawn Watering Times provided by Denver Water. Visit their website for more information on Outdoor Watering Rules and Watering Tips.