8/28/2018 Recommendations to Avoid or Mitigate Damage from A Sewer Backup
- Review homeowner’s insurance policy to verify coverage for sewer backups
- Don’t plant deep rooted trees over or immediately adjacent to sewer service pipes
- Do not wash grease, fats or oils from food preparation down the drain. Deposit these materials in the trash.
- Periodically have your sewer service pipe video inspected by a reputable firm and clean the pipe when necessary.
- Do not place valuable personal property on the floor close to a floor drain. Elevate such property at least a few inches off the floor or place it in plastic tubs.
- Keep the telephone number for Platte Canyon W&S District and a reputable sewer service contractor handy in case you do experience a backup.